Produce a panel illustrating the parti of Beaumont-De-Lomagne (France) as a city for all inhabitants and strangers. In Bella Città, see “Affordances. Exclusive Class or an Absolute Ruler.”
- Two paragraph explanation: i) Alberti’s principle; 2) assist the viewer of the panel in seeing what you intend.
- Parti Diagram. The parti shows the composition of the town’s plan that features the hinterland farmland, the town’s streets for all, the access to food and to care.
- View. This bird’s eye or plan oblique featuring information as in the parti diagram.
- 11x17in (portrait orientation).
- black ink, black color pencil, or graphite.
- Beaumont-De-Lomagne (France). See Beaumont-De-Lomagne on Wikipedia and select coordinates (at right) to link to GeoHack for Beaumont-De-Lomagne. In particular, use the France resources: IGN Géoportail Aerial and Cadastral.
- Beaumont-De-Lomagne Figure-Ground. [Thanks to Antonio Latini].
- For an example of a simple view illustrating a parti, see the Elgin example below.
- For rendering of cultivation of hinterland, refer to the Nolli detail below or the wall map outside of HaWAC420.
- Graphic style: imitate the town plans of Thomas Sharp, Anatomy of a Village. See example below.
- Passiegetta Diagram, below, suggests one graphic method for making a parti evident.
- Before class meeting time on due date (see syllabus), send to firstname.lastname@example.org as reduced pdf.
- Before class meeting time on due date (see syllabus), print and pin on wall outside my office door (HaWAC413). Please arrange with a common horizontal line and equally spaced (roughly). You know … make it a simple gallery presentation.